Serving Size: 1 cup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) carrots, frozen, sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) green lentils, dry
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- Large pot
- Mixing spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in garlic powder, carrots, lentils, tomatoes, water, chili powder and thyme.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Nutrition Facts
- Print this recipe
- Spanish (coming soon)
Source: Adapted from SNAP-Ed Connection